Real-Time Search Trend Map
Below you will find a “real-time” map showing search trends related to Crypto and Giardia. Darker states have experienced a higher number of relevant searches, which may indicate increased interest in Crypto or Giardia in that area.
This map represents search trends related to Cryptosporidium symptoms and treatment queries.
It does not indicate that there is an outbreak in these areas.
ALINIA® for Oral Suspension (patients 1 year of age and older) and ALINIA Tablets (patients 12 years and older) are indicated for the treatment of diarrhea caused by Giardia lamblia or Cryptosporidium parvum.
Limitations of Use: ALINIA for Oral Suspension and ALINIA Tablets have not been shown to be effective for the treatment of diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium parvum in HIV-infected or immunodeficient patients.
Important Safety Information regarding ALINIA:
- Do NOT take ALINIA Tablets or ALINIA for Oral Suspension if you are allergic to nitazoxanide or any other ingredient in the formulations.
- ALINIA Tablets or ALINIA for Oral Suspension should be taken with food.
- ALINIA Tablets should NOT be taken by children 11 years or younger.
- ALINIA tablets and ALINIA for Oral Suspension should be taken with food.
- Please discuss with your doctor if you:
- have hepatic, biliary, or renal disease.
- are taking any other medications (for example, warfarin).
- are a pregnant or a nursing woman.
- are 65 years of age and older.
- are HIV infected or have an immune disease (such as AIDS).
- The most common side effects reported for ALINIA Tablets and ALINIA for Oral Suspension during clinical trials were abdominal pain, headache, chromaturia and nausea.
*For more information, please read the Full Prescribing Information.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088, or contact Romark at 1-813-282-8544.
Alinia is a registered trademark of Romark, L.C.
Intended only for residents of the United States of America. ©2017 Romark, L.C., Tampa, Florida 33607-8416
The information contained in this website is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider. Alinia is not right for everyone. Decisions regarding healthcare must be made with a healthcare provider, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.