ALINIA® for Oral Suspension (patients 1 year of age and older) and ALINIA Tablets (patients 12 years and older) are indicated for the treatment of diarrhea caused by Giardia lamblia or Cryptosporidium parvum.
Limitations of Use: ALINIA for Oral Suspension and ALINIA Tablets have not been shown to be effective for the treatment of diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium parvum in HIV-infected or immunodeficient patients.
Important Safety Information regarding ALINIA:
- Do NOT take ALINIA Tablets or ALINIA for Oral Suspension if you are allergic to nitazoxanide or any other ingredient in the formulations.
- ALINIA Tablets or ALINIA for Oral Suspension should be taken with food.
- ALINIA Tablets should NOT be taken by children 11 years or younger.
- ALINIA tablets and ALINIA for Oral Suspension should be taken with food.
- Please discuss with your doctor if you:
- have hepatic, biliary, or renal disease.
- are taking any other medications (for example, warfarin).
- are a pregnant or a nursing woman.
- are 65 years of age and older.
- are HIV infected or have an immune disease (such as AIDS).
- The most common side effects reported for ALINIA Tablets and ALINIA for Oral Suspension during clinical trials were abdominal pain, headache, chromaturia and nausea.
*For more information, please read the Full Prescribing Information.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088, or contact Romark at 1-813-282-8544.
Alinia is a registered trademark of Romark, L.C.
Intended only for residents of the United States of America. ©2021 Romark, L.C., Tampa, Florida 33607-8416
The information contained in this website is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider. Alinia is not right for everyone. Decisions regarding healthcare must be made with a healthcare provider, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.