Looking for something? More ALINIA resources and information are available for your practice. Click the tab below
that corresponds to your needs and fill out any required forms to ensure we’re able to process your request.
• Foundation Care Pharmacy: Earth City, MO (NCPDP Provider ID: 26355)
(Check Dispense as Written)
(Write Dispense as Written and Brand Medically Necessary on the prescription)
Call: 1-813-282-8544 | Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm ET
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this form and someone will be in touch:
ALINIA® for Oral Suspension (patients 1 year of age and older) and ALINIA Tablets (patients 12 years and older) are indicated for the treatment of diarrhea caused by Giardia lamblia or Cryptosporidium parvum.
Limitations of Use: ALINIA for Oral Suspension and ALINIA Tablets have not been shown to be effective for the treatment of diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium parvum in HIV-infected or immunodeficient patients.
Important Safety Information
- ALINIA Tablets and ALINIA for Oral Suspension are contraindicated in patients with a prior hypersensitivity to nitazoxanide or any other ingredient in the formulations.
- The most common adverse reactions in ≥2% of patients were abdominal pain, headache, chromaturia and nausea.
- Tizoxanide (the active metabolite of nitazoxanide) is highly bound to plasma protein (>99.9%). Therefore, monitor for adverse reactions when administering nitazoxanide concurrently with other highly plasma protein-bound drugs with narrow therapeutic indices, as competition for binding sites may occur (e.g., warfarin).
- ALINIA tablets and ALINIA for Oral Suspension should be taken with food.
- Safety and efficacy of ALINIA for Oral Suspension in pediatric patients less than one year of age has not been studied.
*Please read the Full Prescribing Information.
To report suspected adverse reactions, contact Romark at 1-813-282-8544 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Alinia is a registered trademark of Romark, L.C.
Intended only for Healthcare Professionals of the United States of America. ©2021 Romark, L.C., Tampa, Florida 33607-8416